Thursday 11 December 2014

How I busted Con men In Nairobi streets, My Narrow Escape.

    *Copy paste and share if you can, this is My true ordeal, the admin  of Uhondopap *
Today morning 6:58 am being the Thursday 11/12/2012 could have possibly turned out to be the worst day ever of my life in these streets of Nairobi. I had just driven my neighbors car from the estate to a parking lot along Kenyatta Avenue then picked up my laptop bag and handed the Keys to her and walked towards my campus just across the streets  ; The University of Nairobi, as I was to some exams later on in the day.

Just seconds  away from the campus grounds on the University way via Koinange street, two men whom I suspect were trailing me from Kenyatta Avenue, abruptly stopped by my side as if waiting for the oncoming vehicles to pass. As we crossed over, one of them, a middle aged man dropped something that looked like bundled cash in an envelop with a rubber band nicely tied around it with a green cash deposit slip attached to it on the highway barrier. I instinctively decided to shout at him to get back and pick it up, while still shouting, the other partner promptly approached me and picked it up swiftly.

The middle aged man had dashed from the scene so fast as if chasing to be the first to deposit cash at the bank as we always do, the bank is just meters away, opposite Central police station. My efforts to call him back bore no fruit. While still figuring out my next move the partner who was at the time holding the 'cash' suggested that we split the 'cash' somewhere away from the public glare. All this time I perceived him as any other pedestrian passerby whom our meeting with was just coincidental.

I refuted the idea of sharing the loot and asked him to hand over the money to me ; I wanted to chase man to hand over the the money to him as I thought he was heading to the bank which was so close to where we were. He resisted the move and begged to stay with the money and even offered me the largest share if I wanted part of it. The man was looking so pale and malnourished, I figured out that he could be on those underpaid workers at the construction sites in Westlands. I told him to go because I was not interested and I was at the campus gate already and I could do not do anything more to rescue the cash.

The man refused to go and instead suggested that I take a portion just to be sure I was not tricking him or going to implicate him if anything happened  later on. He suggested that we head to a nearby hotel as that would be away  from the public glare. I noticed the insincerity in the man when as he strangely tried to remove a handkerchief which I now believe might have hard sleep inducing drugs because it was a cold morning, and the sweat were non-existent . I asked him to get in the campus so that he could buy me a cup of coffee, he refused claiming he lacked student I.D, I explained to him that he needed no Id, but it fell on deaf ears. I got angry and grabbed the man by his collar and ordered him to hand over the money to me. As soon I did that, I noticed his phone ringing and from a far I could see his accomplice standing. He handed over the envelop and when I opened the it there were a pack of Newspaper cuttings inside. The man slipped and ran away towards the round about while the accomplice dashed towards Globe round about .

I know these cons change day and night but Please warn a brother or a sister you don't have to share the post but warn someone.I just thank God for that narrow escape from the con men my laptop and my phones would have been history by now . My lady Friend suffered the loss of her Laptop a few months when she was drugged by this cons.

No comments:

Post a Comment